That the generation to come might know them, the children who would be born, that they may arise and declare them to their children, that they set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep His commandments.
Psalms 78:6-7 (NKJV)
WHO WE ARE
WHO WE ARE
To aid and support Christian families in educating students from a Biblical perspective and to equip them with the requisite knowledge, skills, and values so that they might influence culture and society for Christ.
We recognize that parents have a God-given responsibility to train their children. We also recognize that all truth is from God and strive to teach from a Christian worldview. It is our desire to work together with parents to prepare students spiritually, morally, socially and academically, so that they will grow in grace and the knowledge of God and affect their world for Christ.
Founded in 1978, Unity Christian School is a non-denominational school educating students in Pre-K through 8th grade. UCS is non-denominational, in that we are not aligned with any one particular church. Currently our student body consists of families representing over 58 area churches and 20 different communities throughout Southern Illinois. The school is fully recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education, a member of the prestigious Association of Christian Schools International and the Heartland Christian Conference (HCC). UCS also has a strong athletic program. UCS is a member SIJHSAA (Southern Illinois Junior High School Athletic Association) and competes with area Christian and public schools.
The purpose of Unity Christian School shall be to provide a quality education without compromising the Word of God.
This purpose calls for development in the following areas.
To seek to win to Christ those who are uncommitted. To educate students so that they successfully integrate Christian philosophy into their total life. To teach our students that the Bible is the Word of God and the guide for all areas of life. To demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Christ through a personal, life-long and transforming relationship with Him.
To provide an academic climate conducive for learning. To encourage the learning of necessary skills required for meaningful participation in society as an adult. To nurture competency in communications and research skills in order to make mature, responsible decisions. To aid the home in developing good study habits, the ability and the desire to continue the process of learning after school, and in being self-supporting as adults. To demonstrate proficiency in all grade level curricular areas.
To provide students with opportunities for growth in the social skills required for adequate interaction in society. To enable students to adequately understand and appreciate the privileges and responsibilities of living in a democracy. To encourage students to demonstrate integrity and respect for others. To enable students to develop an understanding of physical, social, and cultural differences.
To provide opportunities for the growth in physical performance skill. To provide opportunity for the learning of physical skills necessary to participate in sports.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inherent Word of God.
(II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one God existent in three persons -Father, Son and Holy Spirit
(1 John 5).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved
(John 3:16-19, 5:24, Romans 3:23, 5:8&9, Ephesians 2:9&10, Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28 &29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12 & 13, Galatians 3:26 -28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13 & 14,
I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).